Pedro Newsletter 19.05.2010
- Google I/O predictions.
- Gmail contextual gadgets – available 4 all developers.
- One of the Javarsovia 2010 talk was accepted.
- Amazon S3 has great durability, and now if you don’t need such durability you can use REDUCED_REDUDANCY storage class for lower price, that’s awesome. See Werner Vogels blog post.
- Microsoft sued Salesforce for severals patents which are so obvious and general. So maybe patent idea is stupid?
- Google I/O – lots of news
- Google Buzz API
- Google I/O keynote part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5 and part 6
- Google Maps API Premier v3
- Google Wave for Google Apps domain.
- Google Site Search auto complete.
- And today days brief.
- New Google Calendar look&fill.
- Google Storage for Developers – thats really awesome.
- Google Latitude API.
- Google Font Directory with API.
- Google App Engine for Business.
- And also from Google I/O but I’m really excited about that is that Spring, VMWare and Google make very close collaboration to make Spring Portfolio and Google App engine working together really easy. Now I wonder what Oracle will do, because for VMware it is third cloud platform (Amazon EC2 (CloudFoundry), SalesForce and GAE).
Wow wow wow 🙂
P.S: Other days are in queue (will be published soon :))